Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big, Big Girl

Lila got a big girl bed over the weekend. Her crib transitioned to a daybed which worked great for the longest time. Now, she turns 4 next week so it was time to get her a big girl bed. We moved a twin bed into her room, went shopping and she picked out her own sheets and that was that Lila was perfectly fine with the move. I guess when you wait so long to transition it pays off.

When Lila transitioned from her crib to the daybed (20 months) we literally spent 3-3.5 hours getting her to go to sleep every night for weeks. I was 38 weeks pregnant and Lila had learned to crawl out of her crib and clearly was not planning to ever stay put. Sigh! It was an exhausting experience.

Meanwhile Eva at 2 is still sleeping in her crib clearly capable of crawling out and chooses not to. We're keeping her in her crib as long as possible!

PS I taught Lila how to turn the tv on and find her shows today. She's been getting up before 6 am lately and coming into our room with no intention of just crawling into bed and going back to sleep. Call me selfish but I'm hoping if she wakes up that early she can turn the tv on for 30 minutes until I get up. Crossing my fingers that she is able to remember the steps tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment