Lila said, "I can hold Eva, I can get her uppie" and started trying to pick Eva up by her head (why do kids do that?). Then we came up with a solution...Lila could sit on the floor cross legged and Eva could sit in her lap. Ahhhhh it was just the snuggly quiet solution that we all needed. I couldn't grab the camera fast enough (and keep up with my kitchen duties) but trust me it was so cute and they were both extremely happy about the arrangement.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Big Sister to the Rescue
Last night we were making dinner and Eva was really upset. She really, really wants to come home from school and have dinner ready for her at 5pm. While we try very hard to make this happen sometimes we have to do just a few more things to get it on the table. Last night we had to cut up the carne asada and pineapple for the tacos. Eva was having none of this and immediately started crying, going between Scott and my legs saying loudly, "Uppie" and demanding to be held. And who can blame her? But holding Eva wasn't going to get dinner on the table any faster and the fact is that I can't actually hold her yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is too sweet. Just wait in another year or so Lila will be carrying Eva all around. Georgia finds it quite fun to pick up Natalie and even give her piggy back rides.
ReplyDelete