Sunday, August 8, 2010

Updates

Well, I've been home for 4 days, finally off the narcotics and able to sleep. The drugs had the opposite effect on me than most apparently and put me into this weird state of 'awake'. I was constantly awake. Even more then 48 hours after getting off the meds I was still awake. Last night I finally slept with a fairly normal sleep pattern.

My biggest complaint right now is my hair. If I shower I'm too tired to shower AND wash my hair (cursing it's length right now). So, I have to do a two step process which tends to be an every 2-3 day process. Yesterday my friend Kim washed my hair...ahh it felt so good to be clean. Though after sleeping, being in a pony, all I want to do is get my hair washed again.

The girls are adjusting to me being home. Lila understands to only give me gentle hugs but daily asks if she can give me a big "squishy" hug. I can't wait for that! Eva is pretty much mad at me. She has wonderful people to care for her, feed her, change her, bath her and since I'm just 'sitting around' she's decided that she's mad at me. Last night she came close to me so I grabbed her and sat her close to snuggle a bit and she wiggled her rump right into my lap. It felt comfy...Scott about had a heart attack. Hoping more snuggle time ahead for my kids and more energy to do things with them. On Friday I got dressed (out of Juicy comfy clothes) and Lila said, "Mama are you not sick anymore?" Its amazing what they pick up on.

This weeks agenda;

Irv and Michele go home on Monday. They have been taking care of the girls and deserve a much needed break after nearly two weeks.

My mom arrives on Tuesday, for me there's nothing like having mom around.

Hoping to be a little more physically active and by the end of the week make it for a loop around the block. It's crazy that 3 months ago I ran a marathon and this week I'm hoping to make the loop around the block. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment