Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Festivities

Halloween this year was full of excitement and I'm happy to say that both of our girls are "experts" when it comes to the holiday. Eva and Lila understand the phenomena that on one day per year you can knock on someone's door, say "trick-or-treat" and they in turn provide you with candy. It doesn't take long for kids to figure out exactly how this works. They even learn to say "thank you" and on special occasions "Happy Halloween". I love this fun holiday and this year was again filled with many fun activities. At last count the kids wore their costumes 4 times. Eva was "Dora" 3 out of 4 times and a Fairy Princess once. Lila was Ariel, as planned, for all of the events.

Boo Bash in Camas. Notice that I edited the photo and wrote Boo Bash 2012. I guess I'm ready for the new year? Really though, it was Boo Bash 2011. 

Getting ready for the Spooktacular Event at The Goddard School


Lila with her buddy Kevin at Goddard School




Carving pumpkins


It's finally Halloween! Lila and Eva ready to scare the neighborhood. Boo!


Lila, Thad, Ethan and Eva

Neighborhood kiddos with Dave and Margaret. Their whole family dressed up as The Wizard of Oz - it was fantastic!


Eva and I trick-or-treated with several of her buddies from school. The two year old pace is generally much slower than the 4, 5 and 6 year old pace of the group Lila was in (with neighbors). It was perfect...two year olds really enjoy the moment and every second of the experience. Here is Eva returning home and trick-or-treating. You can see Lila's surprise when she answered the door and Eva was there. So precious!


Eva with 5 of her friends from school.

Trick-or-Treating at the Griffiths.

No comments:

Post a Comment