Friday, July 29, 2011

Warrior Princess Eva

Eva and I went to CHAP today in Portland. It's an art studio where kids get to paint and create as they wish. The studio provides all of the supplies, cleans up and even has smocks for the kids. The only rules are; one, kids can paint where ever they want and two, if the parents tell their kids "no" the parent has to go sit on the couch in timeout. Truthfully it was really hard for me and I was afraid the whole time that one of the employees was going to put me in timeout. The photos tell it all.

Eva was totally in her element at CHAP. Her energy and focus were turned on the whole time as she knew she had a job to do...paint! It's so fun to watch her get engaged in something and her little brain and spirit so focused. I just knew she was loving every single minute of the experience.



 Tracing her hand


 Look mom I'm waiving my messy hand at you!

 Yes, painting a fence.

 Checking out her warrior princess markings in the reflection of our truck.

There she is all marked up after we were all done. I had left the wipes in the car so while we were able to get her hands clean and take her smock off I needed to get to the car to wash her face and hair. Messy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment