Eva's favorite thing to say is, "No Mama I do it myself!" She is FIERCELY independent. It is so strange because I can totally see myself in Eva each time I hear those words. She even tries to do things that Lila can't do yet.
Just this morning she wanted to pick out her own clothes, climb into the car, up into her car seat and buckle herself, carry her own lunch bag to school, etc. No help from mommy! Kids are born with such different personalities and it is amazing to me how many things that make up their personalities are really a reflection of their family.
Eva has been using the potty for two weeks now and she even wants to do that herself. No need for anyone to sit in the bathroom with her and wait. She gladly goes in there by herself and comes out saying, "Mama, I go potty!" In the beginning when I would wait in there with her we were far less successful.
My parents are just laughing at this because they have many memories of my independence. I think I'm getting a dose of my own medicine. Now, how to manage this effectively and use this independence for all of our benefit?
No comments:
Post a Comment