It was a very productive day. Scott and Lila are in California visiting Poppy and Amma. I put July 8th on the calendar a while back as Potty Training Day. Eva has been sitting on the potty since last summer although after my accident things got somewhat derailed. Today we went cold turkey, no more diapers during the day. Eva was extremely cooperative, enthusiastic and motivated by all of my bribes. :) We made a potty chart where she got to put stickers after each time she went potty and poopy. The tally at the end of the day was Potty = 13, Poopy = 0. She had one poopy accident mid-day and stayed dry other than that. I also asked her to check her panties every 20 minutes to see if they were dry. If they were I gave her 1 M&M. She loved that part! We weren't even held captive by staying in the house. We ran errands in the morning and went to the park in the afternoon. Plus, several walks throughout the day. Hooray Potty Queen! I just hope she and I have the same level of enthusiasm and motivation tomorrow...and the next day too.
This was at 8am. Eva got up early to start the potty training and by 8am she had already gone twice.
At the end of the day her chart is looking pretty good!
No comments:
Post a Comment