What an eventful summer to say the least!
Lila apparently is making the announcement at Pre-School so I thought I better get caught up and make the announcement on our blog. When asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up" Lila answered, "Like mama, she works for herself." Doesn't that just warm your heart? It warmed mine!
As you know I recently experienced a traumatic, life threatening health-scare after a seemingly routine Liver Biopsy. Coincidentally, right before this incident I had made the decision to leave my current role as a business partner in Career Movement and start my own company. Career Movement is merging with another well-respected recruitment firm and with the merger it seemed like the timing was right for me to make a change. Thankfully I’m lucky to have partnered with two business professionals and the transition has been nothing but harmonious.
The timing of all of this is perplexing to say the least but it has allowed me to have a month and a half off to heal and recover. During that time I’ve been able to pause and explore what is it that I really want to do. I’ve considered many options though I continue to be passionate about starting my own business. I think it’s the best balance for me and our family.
Without a doubt, having grown-up around entrepreneurs it’s always been a dream of mine to start my own company. Something about managing my own books, earning my own money and gaining my own clients that's appealing to me! And so, I am launching McGeachy Consulting. My focus is HR Consulting and Career Coaching. As a consultant I will have the opportunity to work with many of my existing business contacts and hopefully some new ones too! I will also have the freedom and flexibility to work around the kids’ schedules now and as they grow older. Additionally, it allows me to focus on a variety of HR functions including; training, performance management, employee relations and recruitment.
So, what is HR Consulting and Career Coaching? My consulting experience is comprised of projects such as;
- Developing Performance Appraisals and Systems
- Creating robust and interactive training programs
- Consulting on Policy and Procedure development and revisions
- Recruiting the best talent for organizations nation-wide including; managers, directors, and vice-president level placements
- Coaching in-house Recruitment teams on Recruitment, On-boarding and Retention best practices
I hope to continue working with businesses on similar projects both locally in the Portland area and nationally.
As many of you know I’ve been coaching individuals for a number of years. I love this aspect of my job! Coaching individuals one-on-one includes any of the following;
- Developing a job search strategy
- Creating an attention grabbing resume
- On-going job search accountability
- Developing impactful interviewing skills
- Coaching on the ‘what ifs’ that come up in a job search (offer, negotiations, etc.)
Several of you have benefited from this coaching yourself!
So, there you have it. I’m looking forward to a more productive and less eventful Fall! Official marketing material will be coming out in the next 2-3 weeks via email but I wanted to give close friends and family a heads up.
Amy
New Contact Info:
amy@mcgeachyconsulting.com
www.mcgeachyconsulting.com (under development but you can check out my logo!)

No comments:
Post a Comment