Happy Father's Day! Our day started (kind of) like this. I was making breakfast when I cracked open an egg and got two yokes. Isn't that suppose to be some kind of good luck thing? Anyway, we thought there was like 1/1000 chance and felt like it was a fun way to start our day.
Lila counted all of the egg yokes. Scott then compared the two yokes to Lila's friends who are twins (why do I think that's funny?)!
Really though, our day started more like this...
Scott had to go to the ER and get a catscan because he may have an abscess as a result of having strep throat a couple of weeks ago. More to come on this I'm sure. He's on some pretty serious antibiotics and sleeping. He was home by 7:15am though and ready for his Father's Day breakfast.
We've had a run of bad health luck lately so hopefully our lucky egg (above) will be a turn for the better. As a result of Lila having strep throat several weeks ago her eczema is really bad all over her body. We've been taking her to an allergist for several months anyway and she tested positive to wheat, milk and soy allergies. For the past several weeks we've eliminated dairy from her diet and beginning July 1 we are eliminating wheat/gluten. I'm thankful we are giving ourselves several weeks to prepare so that I can research what she/we can eat since it's a lot more limited. During naptime today I'm going through all of my recipes to set aside those that I can use and/or can modify. Cooking for her is going to be a full-time job at first. Any ideas or thoughts or recipes are welcome!
And the third (they come in three's right?) health update is that on Tuesday I'm going in for an endoscopy. They are testing me for Celiac Disease which ironically can be treated by becoming gluten free. Hopefully I don't have Celiac Disease but if I do the treatment is completely drug free but a complete lifestyle change. If I don't have Celiac Disease they are going to do a liver biopsy. For some odd reason ever since I had Lila I've had high liver enzymes (3 years and counting). They have screened me for everything and Celiac came back in the screening as a possibility. The worst part about the Endoscopy is going to be fasting for 12 hours before. Oh and taking a day off work. We're way to busy to be taking time off but I've already put this off long enough.
So, based on our CLEARLY lucky egg from this morning we're setting off in a completely different health direction. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment