Monday, March 14, 2011

Cutest Little Playhouse Ever!

My dad spent the weekend building a playhouse for Lila and Eva. They are such lucky little girls to have someone who loves them enough to spend the weekend in the cold wet weather building the cutest little playhouse ever. I'm not sure who is more excited about the playhouse...Lila...Eva...or me? We're all thrilled.

The playhouse was prebuilt at my parents house and they hauled it down on the flatbed trailer.

Lila 'helping' my dad. While she was out there she talked his ear off! 




The weather this weekend was absolutely horrible. At one point it rained sheets of water and was so windy I felt so bad for my dad. He worked all morning, through lunch and finally came in for dinner when the playhouse was complete.

Lila and Eva checking out their playhouse. Isn't it cute? Complete with windows, a front porch and most importantly roofing. Lila is calling the roofing 'brick' which to her means that the big bad wolf will not be able to blow her house down. Kids are so cute! We will be painting the house the same color as ours and my dad is going to add a front door as well. More photos to come. 

Thank you dad for putting so much time, effort and love into making a custom built playhouse for our girls. What lucky girls. We are all so thrilled for this new addition in our backyard!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! You and your girls will have years of fun in the playhouse. And what lucky girls, so young and already have a custom Shrum Construction home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, SO cute, Amy! Nice work! I bet the girls will have a blast playing in there in the summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are Shrum Construction's youngest customers yet! Even I'm jealous of their new house. :)

    ReplyDelete