Sunday, November 14, 2010

Santa Spotting in November (12th to be exact)!

Friday is Girls Day Off...it's the day I take off each week and spend with the girls. Last Friday Scott took the day off and spent it with us which was a treat. We started the day with an allergy appointment for Lila (woo-hoo) I know but I was REALLY glad I didn't have to haul Eva to the appointment since they tend to be long.

After that we went to Slappy Cakes for breakfast. If you haven't been there or heard of it this place is super fun for kids and adults. They have a griddle on the table and you make our own pancakes right at the table. You've likely seen other posts about this on our blog if you read regularly. You get to order all kinds of sides to add to your pancakes. This week we had bananas, chocolate chips and cheese (uh... that was all Lila).

Then we went downtown Portland to Pioneer Courthouse Square to watch them bring in a HUGE Christmas Tree to be set up for the holidays. We were really surprised to see SANTA! Both girls did great Lila giving him a hug and Eva a smile. Neither of them were scared at all. I'm hoping this translates into a great photo of them both sitting on Santa's lap smiling. Fingers crossed!

We even got free hot chocolate!


The most impressive thing about this was all of the equipment that it took to move this tree and that they moved it around with a crowd up people underneath. Yes, we stood to the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment