Sunriver was AMAZING. We had such a great time with our friends CJ, Suzanne, Maddie and Abbie. We stayed at 4 Eagle Cap Lane in a 3 bedroom house with a hot tub and lots of room for bike riding. All four of us completed a race over the course of our 5 day trip. The girls did the Splash, Pedal and Dash kids triathlon, Scott did the Long Distance Triathalon (1/2 of an Ironman) and I did a 5k. And hey, I won second in my age group! That's only because all of the serious athletes in my age group had all done more serious events that weekend. ;)
We had our friends the Marshall's over for dinner one night and also met them at the SHARC (the swimming pool/water park).
Abbie, Lila, Elisa, Maddie, Brady and Eva
Celebrating Abbie's 2nd Birthday!
Playing a serious game of spoons. I had not played spoons since I was a kid and it brings back fond memories of my Aunt and Uncle's house. We will absolutely be playing this again soon!
Race morning!
That is some cold water!
At transition 2 or T2 as it's refried to where the athletes finish their bike and switch to their running gear. Scott takes the time to high five all of us and pose for photos.
T2 picnic. It worked out great for Suzanne and I. We packed lunches and there was a play structure right at the T2 entrance so the kids played while we watched and cheered.
At the finish line! Scott told me a range of when he thought he might finished ranging from the earliest time to the latest so that we could be at the finish line to cheer him on. I always plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the earliest time just to be sure and to make sure we get a spot to watch. So we arrived early, the kids and I quickly ran to get ice cream and immediately when we got back they announced that Scott was coming across the finish line. Had we been even 10 seconds later we would have missed him! Whew. Scott was much faster than he expected. Yay Scott.
Our triathlete!
These two are amazing! One more race to go.
The boys couldn't have been happier after their event. We had such a great time that afternoon, evening celebrating!
Our family after my 5K.
A trip over Mt. Hood is not complete without a stop at Joe's Donuts.
Eva during the Splash, Pedal and Dash. I ended up running alongside her on her 1 mile venture to the finish line. It was a lot of fun and she did great!






























No comments:
Post a Comment