Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Love These Girls!


What must life be like to be sisters? Here they are ultra goofy, enjoying snuggling with each other in our bed. It's times like these that I can't get enough of my sweet babies.

Too many times recently I've noted that they are growing up. Last week Lila finished up swimming lessons by making enormous leaps in her swimming ability. We are so impressed with her ability to swim at only 4 1/2. She is swimming on both her back and her front and has great patience in the water.  We have signed her up for one more lesson this winter and hope that she continues to gain additional skills and confidence. On the last day of her lesson she announced a breakfast that she was going to go down the slide by herself. Scott and I both independently told her that she didn't have to go down the slide by herself if she didn't want to. We feared she was setting herself up for too much pressure and disappointment. That afternoon at swimming she proudly was one of the first in line to go down the slide and she did it...4 times! We are so proud of her bravery and ability to push herself outside of her comfort zone in order to advance. On Friday afternoon while on a walk Lila walked Parker for the first time. She was such a good dog-walker and Parker was remarkably good. Since then she has walked Parker 3 more times. At the park Lila surprised me several times with trying new and challenging activities climbing, going over, going under and sliding down fire poles all by herself. She happily skipped from one activity to another. I can always tell when Lila is proud of herself...she skips everywhere. So precious!

Eva has been telling me, more than she usually does, "I can do it myself" and she can. Eva has shown an interest in helping in the kitchen and specifically unloading the dishwasher and so we have put her to work. Eva unloads and separates the silverware tucking it nicely into the the silverware drawer. Inspired by Lila's writing and reading Eva has started writing letters too. She wrote an E the other day and continues to practice each day. I love her letter E!

No comments:

Post a Comment