Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Harry's Ridge at Mt. St. Helen's

For mother's day this year I gave my mom a "hike" or a "day of wine tasting" with me. She choose the hike and so we selected Harry's Ridge up at Mt. St Helen's which was an 8 mile round trip hike with an awesome view of the crater left behind from the 1980 eruption. Hiking with my mom is so much fun, I'm grateful that we are both healthy and fit enough to do such things! We ran into another mom who was probably in her early 70's hiking with her two daughters...I look forward to hiking with my mom for at least that long.

This part was steep! God forbid one should slip and fall on this part of the trail.







Mt. Adams in the background...


My mom taught me to always be prepared. She brought red wine and I brought champagne! 



My mom is so strong! 






No comments:

Post a Comment