On Tuesday Lila took her first ski lesson at Schweitzer. Poppy lined her up with a fantastic ski instructor who was patient and super encouraging, Lila did great. It was certainly a highlight for me watching Lila at the beginning of her lesson stand at the top of a little hill, her instructor at the bottom, and make her first run down a hill. It brought tears to my eyes as she successfully tackled it. Apparently during the lesson she kept telling her instructor that she wanted to go on the little chairlift and then the big chairlift. Meanwhile she stayed on the Magic Carpet the whole time yet had big goals to graduate to the next level. I love these little personality insights at 3 1/2.
Today she took another lesson with the same instructor who was brave enough to take Lila all the way down the bunny slope. Lila loved it. I think she was scared yet had a blast! She especially enjoyed riding the chairlift back up. After lunch Lila wanted to go skiing again so Scott took her down the bunny slope. Together they were really, really good. Lila is learning to make a "pizza" and stop on her own as well as put her skis straight like a "french fry". Later Poppy took her skiing several times on the Magic Carpet slope and Lila didn't want to stop she was having so much fun. Finally at 2:30 we called it a day as everyone else was getting tired. This was a HUGE success all around! I believe I see more skiing in our future.
PS Scott and I both had a great time skiing too!
Lila with her ski instructor Ryanne
No comments:
Post a Comment