Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's going to be a LONG spring...

We have entered a long stretch of dad-less days. Scott is tied up preparing for two criminal trials at work until mid-May. It makes me very sad that he won't see the girls every single day. It's hard on all of us.

I'm working hard to maintain some sort of 'life' for Lila, Eva and I by making plans with family and friends. We've made plans to fly to Idaho and see Scott's parent in February. Lila is super excited to go on an airplane to see Poppy and Ama. I'm putting together a list of things the girls and I want to (and can do without Scott). It's a hard job keeping Lila busy, busy, busy as she would say. Stay tuned to see what the next 5 months brings.

At the same time I'm training to run a marathon. It's my secret way of etching out some alone time and keeping Scott home at least one weekend morning for a couple of hours. And, it seems to be working.

Regardless of all of this I have an open position at our house for a laundry folder, dishwasher emptier, dog poop picker upper and pleasant dinner conversationalist. The pay you ask? Well free of course! ;)

Oh and Lila's kitchen/playroom is open for playdates Friday-Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment