Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Marathon

Marathon...check.

On Sunday I ran the Eugene Marathon in Eugene, Oregon (home of the Oregon Ducks). Below are photos from the day.

The race started and ended at Hayward Field (this is the same place the Olympic Trials were held two years ago). Cool huh? Me below in front of Hayward Field.


My mom, Linda, was my race support person. My snack-mom, cheer-mom, running-mom, driving-mom. She was so wonderful at mapping out where she would meet me along the course, prepared to give me snacks, take my extra clothes, give me encouragement and she even ran with me from mile 24 to 26 (in her jeans and carrying a backpack). And trust me, I really needed her to run with me! Then, she kindly drove me home. What a mom! I promised to return the favor when she wants to run a marathon. This is my wonderful mom before the race.


Here I am at the starting line getting ready to run.


This is me at the 10 mile marker.


Here is Lila with her Run Faster Mom sign cheering from the sidelines. Scott and the girls met up with my mom at Mile 17 and then met me again at the 26 mile marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment